Using Cura 2.5 with Flashforge Creator / Makerbot Replicator 1 dual / or clone

marzban123

Posted · Using Cura 2.5 with Flashforge Creator / Makerbot Replicator 1 dual / or clone

Hello Ultimaker Community!

First post here but I have spent a lot of time searching before posting.

I have a Monoprice architect which is a barebones clone of the flashforge creator pro or replicator 1 dual. I have upgraded power supply and added a heated bed and, after getting fed up with makerbot software, started using Cura to slice then post process with GPX.

I did a lot of searching and finally found someone who posted their start and end gcode for this particular printer. The only catch is that his code only works on version 15.04.

Don't get me wrong, 15.04 is a huge upgrade compared to makerware. But, I would really like to start using a newer version like 2.5 or anything relatively new.

Here is the start code I found. I have tried it in 2.5 with error in post processing. Any help is appreciated!!

; -- START GCODE --M136 ; start buildM73 P0G90 ; absolute coordinates;; set temperatures and assert VrefM140 S{print_bed_temperature}M104 S{print_temperature} T0G130 X118 Y118 A118 B118 ; set stepper motor Vref to defaults; let the Z stepper vref stay at eeprom level (probably 40);; home and recall eeprom home positionT0 ; home on the right nozzleG28 X Y Z ; home all axes at homing speedG92 X0 Y0 Z0 A0 B0 ; set all coords to 0 for nowG1 Z5 F500 ; move Z 5mm away so we can carefully hit the limit switchG161 Z F100 ; home Z slowlyM132 X Y Z ; recall stored home offsets for XYZ axes;; wait for heat upG1 X110 Y-72 Z30 F3300 ; move to waiting positionM116 ; wait for temps;; purge and wipeG92 E0 ; set current extruder position as 0 so that E15 below makes senseG1 X110 Y-70 Z0.2 F2400.0 ; move to just on the bedG1 X110 Y70 E15 F1200.000 ; extrude a line of filament along the right edge of the bedG92 E0 ; set E to 0 again because the slicer's next extrusion is relative to this 0;; Sliced at: {day} {date} {time}; Basic settings: Layer height: {layer_height} Walls: {wall_thickness} Fill: {fill_density}; Print time: {print_time}; Filament used: {filament_amount}m {filament_weight}g; Filament cost: {filament_cost}; -- end of START GCODE --

• 3 months later...
    Posted · Using Cura 2.5 with Flashforge Creator / Makerbot Replicator 1 dual / or clone

Any luck with this?

I also have been stuck on 15.0.4 while waiting for 2.x support for my flashforge creator dual. Does *anyone* have this combination working? I don't need GPX conversion because an octoprint plugin does this for me.

I also would like this, but if you arent needing the FFCP file format, why cant you just use cura 2.x?

id make a profile that has bed dimensions same as the FF then setup all your speeds & such (maybe copy from flashprint) & then export the gcode, & run it through GPX

Id love to have Cura spit out a x3g natively.

I am using flashprint for my FFCP & Cura for my other printers...would be great to use 1 slicer for all my needs...

in reg to converting Gcode to x3g...any issues with that? I am always leary about converting things, in fear it is going to chop something out that I need

• 1 month later...

This is the gcode I've pieced together from various sources & got working. I have to set up each extruder as a separate printer. So I can use the left or the right but no dual extrusion. With the X3GWriter plugin by Ghostkeeper cura will output x3g.

Right Extruder Start Gcode

; begin

M136 ; tell the firmware we're starting a build

M73 P0 ; reset build progress

G130 X118 Y118 A118 B118 ; set vref's to default

M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ; set bed temp, don't wait

M104 S{print_temperature} T0 ; set right nozzle temp, don't waitdisable right nozzle, don't wait

M104 S0 T1 ; disable left nozzle, don't wait

T0 ; home on the right extruder

G90 ; set positioning to absolute

G28 X Y Z ; home XYZ at default home feedrates

G92 X0 Y0 Z0 A0 B0 ; define this as Z=0, the other coords are technically unnecessary but x3g requires them so gpx will make some up

G1 Z5 ; move the platform 5mm down

G28 Z F500 ; so we can home z again slowly

M132 X Y Z ; Recall stored home offsets

G1 X-95 Y-73 Z30 F7000; move to waiting position (front left corner of print bed)

M116 ; wait for target temperatures to be reached. GPX only, RepG doesn't understand

G92 E0 ; set current extruder position as 0 so that E15 below makes sense

G1 Z{first_layer_height} F6000.000; move to first layer height

G1 X100 Y-73 F7000.000; move to front right corner of bed

G1 X-90 Y-73 E24 F2000.000; extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed

G4 P2000; wait for ooze to slow

G1 Z0 F6000.000; lower nozzle height to 0

G1 X-95; wipe nozzle

G1 Z{first_layer_height} F6000.000; set nozzle to first layer height

G1 F7000; ensure fast travel to first print move

G92 E0 ; set E to 0 again because the slicer's next extrusion is relative to this 0

;end

Left Extruder Start Gcode

; begin

M136 ; tell the firmware we're starting a build

M73 P0 ; reset build progress

G130 X118 Y118 A118 B118 ; set vref's to default

M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ; set bed temp, don't wait

M104 S0 T0 ; disable right nozzle, don't wait

M104 S{print_temperature} T1 ; set left nozzle temp, don't wait

T1 ; home on the left extruder

G90 ; set positioning to absolute

G28 X Y Z ; home XYZ at default home feedrates

G92 X0 Y0 Z0 A0 B0 ; define this as Z=0, the other coords are technically unnecessary but x3g requires them so gpx will make some up

G1 Z5 ; move the platform 5mm down

G28 Z F500 ; so we can home z again slowly

M132 X Y Z ; Recall stored home offsets

G1 X-95 Y-73 Z30 F7000; move to waiting position (front left corner of print bed)

T1 ; select left extruder

M116 ; wait for target temperatures to be reached. GPX only, RepG doesn't understand

G92 E0 ; set current extruder position as 0 so that E15 below makes sense

G1 Z{first_layer_height} F6000.000; move to first layer height

G1 X100 Y-73 F7000.000; move to front right corner of bed

G1 X-90 Y-73 E24 F2000.000; extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed

G4 P2000; wait for ooze to slow

G1 Z0 F6000.000; lower nozzle height to 0

G1 X-95; wipe nozzle

G1 Z{first_layer_height} F6000.000; set nozzle to first layer height

G1 F7000; ensure fast travel to first print move

G92 E0 ; set E to 0 again because the slicer's next extrusion is relative to this 0

;end

I use the same end gcode for both extruders

M73 P100 ; end build progress

M140 S0 ; set bed temperature to 0

M104 S0 T0 ; set extruder temperature to 0

M104 S0 T1 ; set extruder temperature to 0

G92 E1

G1 E-5 F300

G28 X Y F2500 ; home X and Y axes

M18 ; disable all stepper motors

M70 P5 (We <3 Making Things!)

M72 P1 ; Play Ta-Da song