Is there a way to check the firmware of a UM2?

Pixopaxo

Posted · Is there a way to check the firmware of a UM2?

I have a UM2 here and converted it to a 2+ with the extrusion upgrade kit.

After installation I should load cura, select the Ultimaker 2+ printer and start a firmware update.

Since my machine does not react properly after updates, I cannot see if it was successful.

Before the update there was firmware for the UM2, after it should be the firmware of the UM2+

I read about the ventilator not runnig when idle in the 2+, my converted machine runs the ventilator always, like the UM2 without "plus". So I guess the update went wrong again.

How can I check if it worked? Is there a way to ask it via serial port/USB? Maybe a command I can send?

Posted (edited) · Is there a way to check the firmware of a UM2?

The ventilator running is unrelated to the firmware. It's related to the mainboard. Older UM2's have a board that does not support the "fan off below 40c" So maybe your update is ok but it's an older UM2.

I'm running my 2's on Tinker firmware, In there you see the version in the menu, in PREFERENCES / VERSION. It's probably called something similar in the "untinkered" firmware...

Edited by Guest