Start G Code

inventabuild

Posted · Start G Code

CuraEngine detects if your start gcode sets the temperatures. If it doesn't, it adds them before the start gcode in the final gcode file. That way it ensures the hotend and heated bed are at temperature before trying to prime and print.

Make sure you include

M190 S{material_bed_temperature}

and

M104 S{material_print_temperature}

in your start gcode (after the M80 line) and CuraEngine will not put them in the gcode before the start gcode. Note that CuraEngine actually looks for the {material_print_temperature} part, so if you have absolute values (eg M190 S200) it will still add those lines by itself before the start g-code.

• Like 1

Posted · Start G Code

Thanks, I'm running dual extruders and I want both extruders set to nozzle wiping temperatures (160C for PLA), not print temperatures, because I wipe the nozzles right before I run the auto bed leveling code.

It would be nice for Cura to have a checkbox to run Startcode before everything.

As is stands now, I have to go into the gcode and delete the nozzle printing temperatures that Cura sets (200) and use my startcode to set the nozzle wiping temps (160C) and the printing (200C ext0) / keep warm (150C ext1) temps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies