Cura 2.6.0 win10 x64 installed but won't open

CMSport

Posted · Cura 2.6.0 win10 x64 installed but won't open

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the 3d printing world and have been running Cura 2.5.0 with great success on my windows 10 machine but since downloading and installing 2.6.0 I have not been able to open it. After clicking on the icon, the program goes through its loading sequence then disappears after "setting up scene" followed by silence...

I have searched for a solution on this problem and can't seem to find any other examples.

I've tried running it as administrator, along with the windows "troubleshoot compatibility" function, to no avail

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Tim

Posted · Cura 2.6.0 win10 x64 installed but won't open

Hi Tim, I had a similar issue. I got it running ok, but not sure how! It was either uninstalling both Cura 2.5 and 2.6, then re-installing OR uninstall Cura 2.6, re-install it using a programme that records all file and registry changes (I used AShampoo Uninstaller, but there are many out there), then uninstall it with that programme. This removes far more changes than the regular uninstall. After that a regular Install woked fine. Needless to say make sure you have profiles, machines etc backed up before hand, they will disappear!