Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Gibsoma

Help needed with Cura 2.6.1

Hi,

Sorry if this is a repeat of my last post, I can't see it on the message board so have posted again.

I am new to 3D printing but have done my research and finally bought my first printer. I have had a lot of fun and success in printing both my own models and downloaded ones. However since I upgraded to Cura 2.6.1 all my new models are coming out with solid infill only.

Here is a button I made for my mixer unit. As you can see it loads into Cura as it should. 5a333c88cb5cd_BtnSolid.thumb.JPG.d7b21132b45292ba9223b5c60a402f7c.JPG

However when I look at the layers, it has the centre piece as a solid piece.

5a333c88abef6_BtnLayers.thumb.JPG.ca4513327c0094bd0e2947cf99326509.JPG

You can see I have infill at only 20%. I also managed to print these out in 2.6 perfectly. This is happening with all my prints now. I uninstalled 2.6.1 including all appdata folders and cleaned my registry. I then reinstalled 2.6 but the same thing is happening. Not sure what is happening here so any advice would be much appreciated.

Mark.

5a333c88cb5cd_BtnSolid.thumb.JPG.d7b21132b45292ba9223b5c60a402f7c.JPG

5a333c88abef6_BtnLayers.thumb.JPG.ca4513327c0094bd0e2947cf99326509.JPG

Check out the X-Ray view in Cura for any Red areas. These indicate errors in the model that might cause that.

It looks like you part is not a closed manifold. If you created it in Sketchup, use the Solid Inspector tool from their Warehouse to check it.

You can also use an online tool like MakePrintable to check for and repair errors.

Hope this helps.