Cura mouse control and view area doesn't work properly

CrazyBob

Posted · Cura mouse control and view area doesn't work properly

Sorry to bother you with this question but unfortunately I haven't found a solution to this problem online and with experimenting with the Cura settings.

When I load an object in Cura it's being placed nicely in the middle of the virtual printbed.

After left-clicking the object Cura would change the focus from the middle section of the selected 3D printer (vertical position) to the object itself. (version 2.3 on my old laptop)

In version 2.5 and 2.6 on my new laptop the focus will not change to the object when selecting the object but stays in the middle (vertical position) of the virtual 3d printer.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

I think there was a bug with this and "centering the camera when model is selected" setting is greyed out under "configure cura".

I know some work has been done for 2.7 but not sure of it progress where it will zoom in the direction of the mouse pointer.

Our graphical framework has an issue for the current version. Because of that the focus on selected object doesn't work. We had to make the upgrade to fix other bugs, so it was a trade off. We logged the bug with them and hope to get it resolved asap.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies