Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
varazir

Print settings in gcode file or filename

Hello,

Is it possible to have printer settings be described in the gcode file or in the filename ?

I see that the layer height is in the file but I like to have more.

Or save the file like this WIV5_xyzCalibration_cube_LH0.1_IF30_PT210_BT50_PS40_TS60_PJ20_TJ30_TL8_BL5_WT1.6

You can customise your own save file format like this:

%filename_LH%LayerHight_PT%PrintTemp_ and so on

So you can go back to a file you exported few month back and check the settings

TIA

This Info would be best if it was in the header of the Gcode file. It currently has some info but not all like what you are wanting.

Otherwise, long file names can be cluttering to read.

Ya it's the downside of having in the filename but easier to see in example Octoprint.

How did you add the info ?

You can view any gcode file using any notepad program but I would recommend using notepad++

You can also name your files before saving them or save them as a project. Project files save all the print setting and even the part location on the bed. So if you open a project file in CURA you can then see how you printed it.

You can view any gcode file using any notepad program but I would recommend using notepad++

You can also name your files before saving them or save them as a project. Project files save all the print setting and even the part location on the bed. So if you open a project file in CURA you can then see how you printed it.

Ya I'm using Notepad++ , but the gcode only have layer hight and build time nothing more.

I thought you hade made some changes in Cura to get more data.

I rarely use CURA project files, another file to save.