Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
changedsoul

Strange Visible diagnals on print surface

DSC00710-2.thumb.jpg.ce38d37c20b474a630368ba1659713d8.jpg

Can anyone shed some light as to what is causing these diagonal lines that are going Top to Bottom, Right to Left?(more visible on the left half of the image)

This has zero infill, so its not infill bleeding thru.

I suspect its possibly just the stepper resolution when traveling around the arcs? You cant feel them.

Any thoughts?

This is PLA

Wow thats a long thread. Yes it seems this is what I am experiencing. I have a RAMPs board that I stupidly fried the arduino and have yet to replace it, but looking at the steppers on it, they have that mixed decay enabled on them. Currently I am using a MKS cheapo board from an old budget printer(my first starter), and looking that them, they do not have that setting enabled. So it seems I will be performing the resistor short and see how it performs.

Also in that post I came across the SilentStepStick :https://ultimaker.com/en/community/11571-step-by-step-installation-of-silentstepstick-drivers-on-umo?page=1

Oh man I like the way that sounds!!

I may get my Ramps back up and running and drop them drivers in.

Anyways, thanks for the link to that post, it was most informative.

• Like 1