UM3 factory reset - is the xy calibration of the printcores deleted?

yvichrome

Posted (edited) · UM3 factory reset - is the xy calibration of the printcores deleted?

When I do a factroy reset of the Ultimaker 3, is the already done x-/y- calibration of the printcores affected? Is it overwritten, do I have to calibrate new? Or where is it physically stored ?

Thanks for answering

Edited by Guest

Posted · UM3 factory reset - is the xy calibration of the printcores deleted?

I believe you do. If I remember correctly, I did a factory reset once and had to do it. I think it even warned me that it was not calibrated.

Posted (edited) · UM3 factory reset - is the xy calibration of the printcores deleted?

The calibration data remains on factory reset; at least from fw 3.6.3 upwards.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

The calibration data remains on factory reset; at least from fw 3.6.3 upwards.

Thanks! That is good to know because I had done that way back before that version. :)

• 5 months later...

In another thread I just read that a xyz-calibration warning is given after a factory reset ... xy-cal is quite timetaking for all sets of printcores -
    Thats why it would be good to know if a new xy-cal is defintly required or not (since the factory reset in my case is just a try to solve an issue).

who knows for sure?

thankks a nice pre-Xmas days!

Y

I always do the calibration anyway. Why? Well, time and experience have taught me not to 'trust' tech and always verify. I love my tech stuff, have deep technolust, but still verify everything.