Cura 2.6.2 won't run on Windows 10 1511

Helihead

Posted · Cura 2.6.2 won't run on Windows 10 1511

Same story here except my windows version is 8.1.

Cura 2.5 worked fine.

I had tried an earlier version of cura 2.6 and it didn't work either, so when I saw that 2.6.2 had been released, I tried again but no luck.

I get no errors, I click on it and see the splash screen and then it just stops executing and disappears from memory.

Posted (edited) · Cura 2.6.2 won't run on Windows 10 1511

I get the same thing.  2.5 worked fine  2.6 and beyond will not start,  splash screen starts then goes away and the program ends, no errors. Windoqws 10 x 64 32gig ram, 2 nvidia ti980 cards.

Edited by Guest

Anyone get a fix for this? I tried disabling SLI on my video cards, I tried disabling 2 out of 3 monitors, disabling Avast, and still splash screen and then dies. I have the latest video drivers and windows updates.

Thank you

In C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\cura\2.6, there should be a file named "cura.log". Could you upload that somewhere (eg on pastebin.com) and post a link here?

For me at least, this was caused by having a custom printer defined with dual extrusion. Moving the "cura" folder out of AppData\Roaming (I'm on Windows) allowed Cura to launch. Reverting to 2.6.0 did not fix it.

Hello, I did not know there was a folder in Appdata\roaming. I removed that folder and it loaded fine. Thank you!