Dual Extrusion - temperatures nightmare

amagro

Posted (edited) · Dual Extrusion - temperatures nightmare

Hello,

I'm having difficulties to do a dual print without pause the extruders because of the temperatures.

The problem is the M109's (during the cgode, not in the start gcode) before the change of an extruder.

It's normal the extruders temperatures flutuate some degrees celcious, and because of that and with the implementation of M109, every time extruder change a pause will occour.

Already change the Initial and Final Printing, but the problem is the same, now all temperatures are set to 195ºC.

BTW, the extruder pause on top of the model.

How can I solve this situation?

Cura 2.6.2 and helloBEEprusa 3D Printer

Edit:

I found a post-processing script that could help - Search and Replace. I could replace the M109 for a M104, but it will also replace the M109 in the Start Gcode, so this is not the solution.

This plug-in should only affect the generated gcode, and not the Start and End gcode.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Dual Extrusion - temperatures nightmare

If you skip the waiting like this I guess you risk underextrusion and very weak prints. Maybe using a primetower helps to avoid waiting time on top of the print? But better is to set a specific location in the toolchange gcode....

Maybe a parameter to define the amount of variation of temperature in wich should make a pause.

It's very frustrating that the change of one degree celsius could pause an entire print, everytime the extruder change.

I already tried Prime Tower, and  the nozzle that will start to extrude will always stop on top of the print.

Edited by Guest

The extruder T1 that will start to extrude, before making the lines in the Prime Tower, goes momentary to the top of the other part made by the T0, and then goes to to Prime Tower. This always happen with both extruders, when there is a extruder change.

This is really strange.

Edited by Guest

Maybe a parameter to define the amount of variation of temperature in wich should make a pause.

It's very frustrating that the change of one degree celsius could pause an entire print, everytime the extruder change.

I already tried Prime Tower, and  the nozzle that will start to extrude will always stop on top of the print.

You could edit the marlin and make your own firmware. There are settings that define how close to target and for how much time (5secs) must past after reaching that target. Dive into definitions and definitions adv on marlin and build your own marlin to cut the wait time, if that's what you are looking for.

UM3 doesn't wait that long to hit target to move faster, ofc that means that you will need a very precise PID to avoid fluctuations after hitting target.

This is the initial gcode generated by Cura.

M190 S60

M104 S195

M104 T1 S195

M109 S195

M109 T1 S195

My suggestion in order to speed up to reach of the extruders temperatures is to change the M190 to M140, then the bed and the extruders could start to warm up at the same time, it not will be necessary to wait for bed the reaches the desired temperature to start warm up the extruders.

M140 S60

M104 S195

M104 T1 S195

M190 S60

M109 S195

M109 T1 S195