Two printers in Cura using USB.

Posted · Two printers in Cura using USB.

I have an issue with connection two printers to Cura 2.6.1.

The one printer (Printer A) is connected to USB (COM3), the other one (Printer B) is also connected to USB (COM4).

However, Cura can only connect to one printer at the time.

Both printers works separate on Cura but Cura will always select COM3 first, and I cannot change it.

On the old version of Cura 15.04.6 works fine and I can specify one COM to each printer, but it is not possible in Cura 2.6.1.

Are there anything I can do?

Maybe change something in a config file or do I have to stay on the old Cura?

Thanks

> Are there anything I can do?

Nope, sorry.

I hope I'll have time to finish my work on bringing back manual port selection for Cura 2.7, but I am not sure I will.

• 6 months later...

Same question as posted 7 months ago.

This was working long ago, but still not working in current (3.2) version.  Seems a shame to loose such a handy feature. Clearly its not about the engine failing to be threadsafe because it used to work and @Ambassador says its just a matter of bringing back manual selection in the UI again.  I'd love to be able to run my Prusa i3 and my CR-10s5 in the same software at the same time instead of deciding which job needs to run on Cura and which on S3D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies