Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Octocom

Tinker firmware G1 command printing out of printing area Simplify3d 1.75 SDCARD only

Hey guys,

I'm trying to understand why a combination of Ultimaker 2  extended and Simplify3d causes out of print area with my custom area settings only on SDCARD, if you could give any pointers it would be appreciated.  I have also noted this only happens in simplify3d, cura etc are fine.

I have found if I use any G1 command for XY axis in the start script it will cause the error only on SDCARD, removed it works fine in Simplify3d or print from usb

I do have a custom print area setup due to metal sliders and e3d mount:

Ultimaker 2 extended custom 1.75 e3d mount and metal sliders

Firmware: Tinker 17.02.01, others tested

Print Area: x 0.00-205.00 Y 10.5 - 218.00 Z305.00

Software: Simplify3d 3.1.1

Testing start script: " G1 X xx and Y xx  commands fail"

G21 ;metric values

G90 ;absolute positioning

M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode

M107 ;start with the fan off

G28 X0 Y0

G28 Z0

G1 X15 ; tested x15 50 60

G1 Z50.0 F500

G92 E0 ; zero the extruded length

G1 F150 E25              ;extrude 9mm of feed stock

G92 E0                  ;zero the extruded length agai

M201 Z250

Luke

Edited by Guest

Correction for above Cura flavor RepRap and simplify3d RepRap code fails for same setup of stl's.  only UltiGCode works on SDCARD. usb printing via simplify3d works fine or if I remove g1 commands from start script

The position error is not checked during USB printing - this explains why it only happens if you start the print from sdcard.

I tested your settings for the print area and the gcode lines, that you've posted above, but the error was not triggered... there must be something else in addition that causes this issue for you...?