Urgent !! UMO+ Issues. Extrude Motor / Y-Motor

Posted · Urgent !! UMO+ Issues. Extrude Motor / Y-Motor

Hi,

I have been handed a UMO+ and it has a issue i need a little advice on.

This UMO+ has a green main board that everything plugs into and i thought a part was missing. ( One of the smaller boards that plugs in for the motor control. (it was the Material feed motor) i have bought some dew ones from Amazon and they arrived. Great...... Plugged it in and still no luck.

In fact it puts out some crazy sounds from the motor on the far left upper. (Y - Motor) Plus the new motor board is very hot.

Can i have someone talk me around how best to fix the issues i have.. Happy to skype

Thanks

Hi

You have to adjust the current setting on the stepper driver (small board you are talking about) by measuring on the driver with a multimeter and adjusting the trim potentiometer.

Which driver did you get? Can you post some pictures (then I might be able to guide you)

Note that if it has a green board it is an UMO, not an UMO+.

Also it is normal that not all driver slots are populated -- You need 4: X/Y/Z/Extruder 1; the fifth is for Extruder 2 and normally not used.

You absolutely need a cooler on the driver chip as they get very hot -- and as @tommyph1208 says you need to adjust the power with the trimpot (should be around 1.1/1.2 Amps)