Is there a file limit on the UM2+ display for the SD card?

LePaul

Posted · Is there a file limit on the UM2+ display for the SD card?

My SD card is no longer working in my Ultimaker 2+

I did an initial search that mentioned problems with a corrupt file or card. I removed the files, formatted the card and copied them back over. The UM2+ can't seem to display them. If I randomly move the wheel and press (as if selecting a file), it proceeds to load/warm up the printer for printing.

I placed the same SD Card in another printer (FT-5) and it could read the card and all of the contents.

I'm wondering if it is because there are so many files on it (probably 60 or so)?

I've just been lazy and left all those files on there, thinking I might need them again (someday).

If there is a file display limit, I am just curious what that variable is

Thanks!

Posted · Is there a file limit on the UM2+ display for the SD card?

If there is a file display limit

AFAIK - the short answer is: no. There's no limitation of the count of files.

Only the "directory depth" (don't know the correct phrase) is limited. One can navigate max. 10 directories "deep" (recursively) - that seems not to be the problem in your case.

Have you tried to clean the sdcard slot?