Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
enchantedsord

Filament stuck in 2 different build cores now

I have an um3 that has worked flawlessly for over 8 months, in the last week now I have had 2 separate build cores end up with filament stuck in them where it will not unload or push through. Nothing will help.

1 core now has filament stuck in the heat break and it snapped just below were the filament goes into the core. the 2nd one hasn't snapped off but I can't get it to move even at 280cc and I'm afraid to mess with it.

I bought a new core to replace the first assuming it was a fluke but now it happened to my second core in less than a week.  Using curator 2.7beta and two different types of filaments where used that were pla.  

Anyone have ideas?   I have printed with this for 8 months with no issues.

Edited by Guest

Nothing has changed other than firmware updates or cura versions.

I even tried different filament and it happened. I was able to free the one core though with the filament still stuck in it to were I could yank and pull it.

The first core now is the issue where the filament is stuck above the melt/heat area and below were it enters core so that I can't pull or touch it.