Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Koenvanos2

Spiralize and bottom prints

Hi,

I was very happy with the function ' Spiralize printing' with ' Bottom print' in the old versions of Cure.

Currently I'm using Cura 2.7 and I cannot get this combination again.

Is there any option or trick which I overlooked so far?

Really appreciate your tips.

Thanks,

Koen

Thanks for your suggestion. That works well for top layers.

I would like to see bottom layers only at Z=0 level (printed on the printable). At higher Z levels I do not want to see bottom layers printed on horizontal areas. However Cura prints them as bottom layers too. And with zero infill below this will result in problems.

Thanks for your suggestion. That works well for top layers.

I would like to see bottom layers only at Z=0 level (printed on the printable). At higher Z levels I do not want to see bottom layers printed on horizontal areas. However Cura prints them as bottom layers too. And with zero infill below this will result in problems.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, could you please provide an image of the layer view that shows these bottom layers you are referring to?

Obviously, when you spiralize, the model cannot have any areas whose slope is less than approx 45 deg because otherwise the layer above would not have a layer below to rest on and you would get holes appearing. But apart from the layers that start at the build plate you should not get any other skin layers.