Something odd with time readout

kmanstudios

Posted (edited) · Something odd with time readout

This may have been something that I never noticed before. But I started a 3 day print. At some point I noticed it said 2 Days O hrs. Then after looking a while later it said 2Days 17 hrs.

As far as I know, I am on the latest (3.7) firmware.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Something odd with time readout

I think as soon as it went to 2 Days and 23 hours and 59 minutes (internally) it decided to display what it did as it was not a full 23 hours. But, I ain't gonna sit there and just watch it.

Posted · Something odd with time readout

Actually, the time during printing can fluctuate. The printer tries to be smart by measuring the time between layers and estimate based on some formula what the remaining printing time means.

So at first, this can look like 2 days and 0 hours, but then some layers take more time than expected, so the time is re-adjusted to 2 days and 17 hours.

Posted (edited) · Something odd with time readout

Actually, the time during printing can fluctuate. The printer tries to be smart by measuring the time between layers and estimate based on some formula what the remaining printing time means.

So at first, this can look like 2 days and 0 hours, but then some layers take more time than expected, so the time is re-adjusted to 2 days and 17 hours.

That makes too much sense...LOL

I am used to that during 3d renderings and After Effects and such. The overall estimates from Cura and when the firmware reads it, before chosen for printing, has always been very accurate with few exceptions, and not that far off. I guess that is why it threw me.

Edited by Guest