Estimated print time in 2.5 slower than 2.3.1?

model_dude

Posted (edited) · Estimated print time in 2.5 slower than 2.3.1?

We currently have 2 Ultimaker printers (UM2+ Extended and a UM2 that we upgraded to UM2+). Both have been running well and I have been running Cura 2.3.1 with no problems, but today I was helping out a colleague and he just installed Cura 2.5 on his pc. To help get him started I had provided him with a few custom profiles that I have used with good success and we imported them into Cura 2.5 no problem.

However, using the same printer (UM2+), same profile settings and the same .stl file we could not get the estimated print times to match or get anywhere near close than on 2.3.1 - on 2.5 it was estimating to take over 2 hours longer (13.5hrs vs. 11hrs).

I have usually found the estimated time on Cura to be pretty accurate and as we were time poor and couldn't afford the extra 2.5hrs Cura 2.5 was telling us it was going to take, we ended up using Cura 2.3.1 on my pc instead.

Anyone have any idea why one a like-for-like print 2.5 works out so much slower than 2.3.1? Have people found this to be born out in the reality of printing ie. prints taking longer? As we are often time-limited, if 'upgrading' to 2.5 means it's going to be a lot slower than what I currently run then I think I'll stick with 2.3.1 :)

Cheers

Edited by Guest