Replacement Spacers

merlinc

Posted · Replacement Spacers

Hi,

It's a trivial thing, but while assembling my kit, I seem to be lost the spacers for the Electronics kit, as shown here:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/File:ElectronicsSpacers.png

- I remember seeing them at one point, but I don't know where they are now.

Firstly does anyone know of replacements for both the threaded and unthreaded parts that are the correct size? Failing that, does anybody have the proper measurements for both parts.

I tried my local Maplins, but the threaded part they had was threaded from both ends, with a big gap in the middle - not straight through in one direction.

Thanks in advance!

Jury rig it while you get your printer up and running and then print replacements :D Sorry, but it had to be done :p

The irony of the situation is not lost on me :lol:

I'd just rather not run the risk of ruining the electronics if I can ;)

The electronics need the cooling, and for proper cooling you better fit them properly. Instead of 2 bolts screwed into the threaded spacer you could take normal spacers and a long bolt with a single nut at the end. It will be more tricky to assemble, but still work.