Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
remrem

Assembling the wooden part of the extruder: Nuts are big

Hello,

I bought recently the Ultimaker Kit ( Revision 3 laser cut) and I am really ashamed to say that I am stuck since more than one week in the assembly of the wooden part of the extruder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ultimaker/8185562290/lightbox/

At the beginning I thought that my children or missing parts were the reason... But after reading again the assembly manual I still can not understand why the M3 nuts that I have are bigger than the holes and cannot fit.

Thanks in advance for your precious support,

Bear in mind that you'll probably need to slide the nuts in properly aligned/rotated - so that the two of the 6 flat surfaces line up with the sides of the slot in the wood, otherwise the diameter of the nut will be too wide to fit.

If that still fails then maybe you need to take a small file and open out the holes very slightly?