Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Clancey

Y axis calibration.

Hi folks.

After an afternoon of thinking I had a slightly sticky belt and driving myself bonkers trying to work out which one it was, I realised the clicking I was hearing was the bed compensating for the wonky y/z axis.

So, of course I did the 'man' thing, I completely ignored any instructions or manual and got out a set of feeler gauges. With the power off I raised the bed and manually set the distance to the first print nozzle at multiple points on the bed, paying particular attention to the y axis.

Well sod me if it isn't worse that it was before. I also seem to have a high spot in the glass, central x, back of y, which is around 3 inches in length and maybe one and a half wide.

I'm going to go off now and try to find the instructions for doing this by the book, but at the moment I can't see why this approach hasn't worked. The z axis of the bed has to be tied to the print head by the vertical screw, there is nothing else, so how by dialling out the discrepancy that existed have I made things worse?

I love the way topics in here can take off, I've learned so much reading other stuff.

Cheers.