Drawing with pencil/marker with ultimaker ?

Posted · Drawing with pencil/marker with ultimaker ?

Is it possible to draw some picture on paper with ultimaker ?

simply to put marker or pencil beside hotend ...

I am guessing, It needs to be 1 layer STL with picture or somehow ?

Or is there any software to export jpg picture to 1 layer STL ? or similar ? :)

On my MakerBot Thing-O-Matic I used a Inkscape plugin which converts a vector path to Gcode. I'm not sure how suitible the Gcode is for an ultimaker though as the tool was designed for the MakerBot. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5986

Edit: This thing might be more useful: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7071 It's got a link to a modified version that replaces the servos pen-up and pen-down commands with z-axis movements instead.

This could be great idea. e.g. we attach a oil marker to our printer, then we place a blank pcb and the printer marks pcb tracks. Then by etching the board we get really nice pcb.

I've spend some time researching this issue, but it seems that it's a real pain in converting pcb to gcode and i couldn't get it to work. If you need only to draw few lines, you can make model for it and slice it like regular part with a temperature of 0.

i did not have time ... but i will try ..

This could be great idea. e.g. we attach a oil marker to our printer, then we place a blank pcb and the printer marks pcb tracks. Then by etching the board we get really nice pcb.