Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
phantom

cura 3.1 keeps resetting values

Hi all,

Does anyone know why the values in this cura version keep resetting ??

I do not have this problem in 3.0.4

For example i enter 100% infill and when i enter the next field it changes back to the 20% as it was orginally set to. In layer view i even see it change to full infill and a second later it changes by itself back.

Wall thickness is at 0.8mm changing it too 1.2 mm just makes it go back when clicking or using tab to go to the next setting.

almost all values are like this.. :-(

non of this happens in 3.0.4 with exactly the same settings.

Anyone else experiencing this?

On 12/20/2017 at 4:15 PM, ahoeben said:

This is because of a bug in the beta you used, which left your configuration in a conflicting state.

Please remove the configuration folder for Cura 3.1. When you restart Cura 3.1, it will reimport your configuration from Cura 3.0.

can you please advise where this config folder is?

ok, i deleted the 3.1 as well as 3.04 2.7 and 2.6 folders. I use pet-g as the material, i change the petg profile  temps from 210 /70 to 240/90 and i slice a file. result. 210/90 when i print What is going on? 

attached is a screenshot of my settings and the gcode generated.

image.thumb.png.720af78aef8421db838aab70b273fb56.png

;FLAVOR:Marlin
;TIME:36750
;Filament used: 36.9236m
;Layer height: 0.2
;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 3.1.0
M82 ; absolute extrusion mode
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G90 ; use absolute positioning
M82 ; absolute extrusion mode
M104 S210 ; set extruder temp
M140 S90 ; set bed temp
M190 S90 ; wait for bed temp
M109 S210 ; wait for extruder temp

PI3MK2_Brave Lappi-Esboo.gcode

14 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Deleting the 3.0 and 2.7 folders wasn’t necessary.

The temperatures in the start gcode is a bug in Cura 3.1 that will be fixed in Cura 3.2

I kind of beg to differ, there was probably 100 MB or more in each folder. That's pretty messy and a waste of space. 

Thanks for letting me know about the start temp, that was driving me crazy, and it was probably the issue all along for me.

Can't wait for 3.2, using slic3r right now and it is so much cruder (in my opinion) than cura.