Jump to content

So, what are skins?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · So, what are skins?

Hi I have just upgraded to Cura 2.7 and have found a new term, for me, "Skins" I am not clear as to what these are. The release notes suggest to me that they are the top most layer(s) but having now installed the software and looked at all the settings, the settings help text suggests that "Skins" refers to the lower layer(s) too. Also when using the term "Skins" is one referring to the solid infill area only or does it include the walls?


Can someone clarify please.

Edited by yellowshark

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · So, what are skins?

"Skin" in Cura refers to the walls of the print. Normally there is one outer wall/skin and one or more inner "passes" that build up the wall. Note that the skin does not include the top or bottom of the model, those are called "top" and "bottom".

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Our picks

    • Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
      Ultimaker Cura 4.0 is mainly focused on the improved user interface and cloud integration.
      As always, we want to collect your user feedback for this release. If there are any improvements you can think of, feel free to mention it here and help us to shape the next release.
      • 96 replies
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!