Build-Me-Marlin

Daid

Posted · Build-Me-Marlin

So its safe to leave that in NetFabb, for any firmware used on the ulitmaker ?.
I recommend you always leave it in there, for any firmware. It can never do harm.

• 2 months later...
    Posted · Build-Me-Marlin

Hey,

a quick question concerning your branch of Marlin. I need to change some lines of code, but still would like to use your handy configuration-tool. I tried downloading the whole firmware from github and the configuration.h from your site, but compilation with the Arduino 1.0 editor (even before I change anything) fails due to some errors like

In file included from /wiring_private.h:27,

from WInterrupts.c:34:

c:/tpultimaker/arduino-1.0/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'double'

c:/tpultimaker/arduino-1.0/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/math.h:439: error: expected ')' before '>=' token

Do I need another compiler? Or would it be possible to download an uncompiled version of the firmware from your builder tool (that would be awesome :D ). If so which process would you recommend to compile and upload?

Second question: looking through the firmware the only possibility I found to set and/or read the temperature for two extruders is to activate the extruder in question with T0/T1 and to use M104/M105 each time. Is there another way?

Thanks and regards

tp-ulti

Posted · Build-Me-Marlin

I'm using a modified version of the Arduino 1.0 libraries, with a newer GCC version. It's easier to compile the Marlin sources in Arduino 0.23, which is what ErikZalm is still using.

Indeed, the only way to read both temperatures is by switching with T0 and T1. But I have an UltiController which shows both temperatures.

What lines do you need changed? And for what reason? Because we try to get as much functionality in the mainline as possible.

Posted · Build-Me-Marlin

I justed wanted a feature that allows me to read both temperatures at a time. So I replaced some of the "M104" Code with

CODE REPLACEMENT in Marlin.pde Line 851#if (TEMP_0_PIN > -1)       SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM("ok.");       for (int extrNo = 0; extrNo < EXTRUDERS; extrNo++)         {         SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(" ::TEMP");         SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(extrNo);         SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(":");         SERIAL_PROTOCOL_F(degHotend(extrNo),1);          SERIAL_PROTOCOLPGM(" /");         SERIAL_PROTOCOL_F(degTargetHotend(extrNo),1);        }#if TEMP_BED_PIN > -1 ...

I also have a slightly different temperature table for my 100k thermistor (not a necessary fix, the existing one works just as fine)

Posted · Build-Me-Marlin

Ah. Understood.

I see the need for multi extruder temperature monitoring. However, touching the M104 command almost guarantees that PrintRun or ReplicatorG break. Not sure what the best course of action would be...

Posted · Build-Me-Marlin

Perhaps it would be possible to add a non-standard M-Code which returns a string just containing both temperatures. By doing this you would prevent existing UIs from breaking, but you would still be able to check the temperatures via console.

Posted · Build-Me-Marlin

I am using multiple extruders, and never broke repG... Dunno what special code you are trying to implement, but I do know that repG will accept the code fine (however, you need to know that it wont read the second extruder temp).

EDIT: Note that repG reads both heads one at a time using T0 and T1...