Switch back to extruder 1 after build plate adhesion?

cbusenbark

Posted · Switch back to extruder 1 after build plate adhesion?

Greetings,

I am currently am running a dual extrusion print:

• Extruder 1 is White Filament
  • Extruder 2 is Black Filament

I would like the build plate adhesion to start with Extruder 2 (Black) and then switch back to Extruder 1 (White) once it is done instead of continuing on. Is there anyway to specify that?

My current print's top is face down on the build plate with letters. I was running into issues of the black oozing onto the build plate where the white needed to be... this left a black stringing showing up within the white letters which looks bad. To solve this issue, I decided to print the letters first but still want the black to be the adhesion part to blend in with the rest of the print

Posted (edited) · Switch back to extruder 1 after build plate adhesion?

not sure I understand correctly, but isn't the easy solution to physically switch the spools/colors on the printer?

you can set the extruder :

image.png.f59ac792bf8203ed3406cb98b2bc7139.png

Edited by ultiarjan