Where to find new firmware description?

tmostad

Posted · Where to find new firmware description?

Pardon my ignorance but multiple times I have started my UM3E printer to see a "there is new firmware" message. As I am apt to do I usually install it but I am always curious as to what has changed or been added but when I come to this forum I typically cannot find anything resembling "release notes" except when it is a major release. Perhaps I am missing something obvious and hopefully you can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, tmostad said:

I am always curious as to what has changed or been added but when I come to this forum I typically cannot find anything

Usually there's a corresponding post in the "News" section of the web page, not on the forum.

For example - this are the announcements and release notes for:

Version 4.1 and

Version 4.2

Is it this, what you're looking for?

18 minutes ago, tmostad said:

Yes and no. The firmware version that just download is 4.2.5. Is that the same as 4.2 as described in the News?

I think so. 4.2.5 is the only (stable) version with a name that begins with "4.2",

and the "full name" of the predecessor was 4.1.4