Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
EVRC

Slight line offset

So I’m printing a tall thin object. It gets a slightly offset line right in the middle. I used PLA on fast settings and iXT-CF20 at about 70mm/s. I was intending to run the carbon at 40mm/s but didn’t realize my settings on Cura didn’t go  to the printer (different material selected in Cura than what the printer had selected). Do you think this is just from speed?

8015A923-6010-496A-8A21-6ABE81D0C4D0.jpeg

5C9ED06B-3916-436A-867F-BA5544FB6D38.jpeg

Yeah, a good chance this comes from speed.  I would try printing it again at about half speed and see how it goes.  Or maybe try a smaller test object and see if you get the same effect and than adjust the speed before you set about printing the larger item.

• Like 1

Small objects don’t do it. I’m sure if I slowed down it would look better. I think it’s the traverse speed doing as the line happens after it goes over a gap. The model came out decent enough to use. It’s a bed cover for an rc truck.