3Dlabprint part not showing internal supports, too thin ?

charentejohn

Posted · 3Dlabprint part not showing internal supports, too thin ?
On 28.2.2018 at 12:20 AM, charentejohn said:

No reply from 3dlab, as usual so here is the problem .stl good luck as I think you'll need it.

I have posted a request on the 3dlab forum to ask for settings as the ones they provided just don't work.

wing_L1.STL

ok, I´ll give it a try with my settings, but I assume, you already found the issue.

regarding unconnected strings at angles: I have the same issue on some parts. For me it seems that 0.2mm layer hight is a bit too much for safe bonding - at least for my current UMO setup. there is too less surface the new layer can be bond to - but this is just my opinion... At the end, for me it made no difference at the ready printed part. Gued them together and hopfully maiden it soon.

Posted · 3Dlabprint part not showing internal supports, too thin ?

Thanks Drayson, don't waste too much time or plastic on it though :)

I think you are right on the layer height, I know it takes longer but that is what the pub and a good night's sleep is for.  At 0.15 in Cura it says 6 hrs which would be about 7ish then, but at least it would work ok ?

I tried the gcode files supplied but very stringy and some errors, expected as for a direct drive print head and mine is bowden so retract will be off.  Also no support in one section of wing (designed like that), may be worse because it didn't print the horizontal section.  Some exterior blobbing that scrapes off, some edges (aileron recesses) very weak.  Well i had to try, 10hr print still running when I got up this morning, won't be doing that again.

Someone suggested simplify3d may give more control, to make this work I think the internal supports need to bond properly, their gcode ones do, and no idea how to do it.  I get weak under leading edge and the 45degree sloping internal supports are just strings, my main setttings are layer 0.2 initial 0.3 wall 0.6 print thin walls, fill gaps between walls everywhere, temp 215 bed 60 flow 110 retraction on 4.5mm speed wall 25 inner wall50 travel 120 union overlapping off merged meshes 0 (if last two not sone no supports appear).  This says it will take 8hrs, so about 9.  A way to make the first part 0.15 and the rest 0.2 would help ?

I know it can be done as seen it on youtube but they don't explain much, just took a while and got this result, but how ?