celso-santos

How to keep 3D file at the center of the image in Cura

Posted · How to keep 3D file at the center of the image in Cura

I was always able to maintain a 3D file image at the center of the screen in Cura. To do so it was just required to click at the center of the object and then I could enlarge the image at will and it would be always at the center of the screen. This is a basic feature for adequate navigation. Maybe there is a new way to solve this, but the old way does not work anymore. How should I proceed?

In other words, when I zoom in a small part its image goes out of the screen.

In preferences, make sure you have the "Center camera when item is selected" option checked for the old behavior. You may also be interested in the "Zoom toward mouse direction" option. Also do you know about holding down the Shift key while rotating the camera with the right mouse button?

• Like 1

Hey Ahoben. Great tip, thanks! I knew the other navigation options. It makes me wonder wether Cura should keep this option checked as I cannot imagine any better way to work.