Notifications status not updating all the time

yellowshark

Posted · Notifications status not updating all the time

Hi @SandervG I noticed this recently. If one hits the Notification bell icon and then "View all notifications", one gets a list of notifications. If one selects a notification, then after reading it one has two options. Firstly hit the bell icon then select "View all notifications" then select another notification to read; yes it is a bit repetitive isn't it. The 2nd option is much easier, just hit the back tab key to get the notification list again, much quicker. Indeed if you are not on page 1 of the list it is even quicker as the back key takes one back to the page you were on, whereas the other method takes you back to page 1 so you have more work to do to page through to the page you were on, assuming you remember what the page no. was.

BUT using the quick method the status of the notification is not updated even though the software knew you were reading it when it was requested and the status should have been updated. The result is one gest a whole list of notifications that one has read but the list is showing them as being unread. Can that be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Notifications status not updating all the time

Hi @yellowshark , thank you for sharing your feedback! I understand. 

I'll see if this workflow can be improved. The entire workflow/how notifications work could be improved somewhat, but last time I checked in there was no capacity to work on this. I'll check in with them again and let you know if the future looks brighter today. 

Have a good day!