Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
paulbeumer

USB ports not working anymore after installation Cura

Hi... 
After installing latest version 3.2.1. of Cura and adressing my Nvidia Qiadro card as the dedicated videographics card  all seems to run super smooth..... no restart and stuff it runs as a charm... I wished the newest version would have tacled the issues with the onboard Intel HD 520 grahics... (I cant update to the latest Intel driver HD520 driver because it needs a Lenovo adated driver... i've contacted lenov about this issue as well) 

Anyway after some slicing and generating some gcode thats running in UM2 as i write i switched of my Lenovo p50s laptop. 5 hours later i switched my laptop on and during bios startup kenoard lights / mouse / fingerprint reader work... so in terms of hardware perriferals work... As soon as i'm entering the windows login environment , keybaord, mouse and fingerprint reader don't work any more...

and yes this only happens because i install Curo...

During installation i choose to only install Cura  not the arduino driver and not the redistributable thingies.... 

any idea whats going on with the USB drivers during installation?