Cura 13.06.4 support material issue

hreedijk

Posted · Cura 13.06.4 support material issue

Hello all,

When I use Cura 13.06.3 and/or 13.06.4, I found a strange suport material issue.

I've set the support material amount in Cura to 30%, the place of the support material, in relation to the object, seems misplaced.

Anyone has the same issue?

Cura SupportIMG 0476IMG 0477IMG 0478IMG 1606IMG 1607thermocoupleUbis hotend dimensionsUltimakerPCB1.5.7R23IMG 1845IMG 1855IMG 1870Ubis Bowden 01Ubis Bowden 02Bowden 01Bowden 02Ubis Bowden 02LFSP Large3mmUbisUM Stepper2014 07 31 23 58 35 ClipboardIMG 1667IMG 1668IMG 1669CF MascottecopperFillImage Test 01Result Test 01RemainingsResult Cilinder test GraphResult Cilinder test textResults C Allmeasure 01measure 02image2IMG 0487IMG 1977IMG 2043IMG 2197IMG 2522

Regards,

Harold

• 3 months later...

I usually wait with linux versions for the full release. Because there are only a few linux users, and about half of them are running from source anyhow. Release should be out today, it nothing odd happens (so might be tomorrow ;-) )

Okay, okay, there's no hurry!

Especially since I think Linux model, re-directed and focused my work on Windows.

So the limit is not annoying.

However, if we had 64-bit version, it would be better for me because need to switch from PC!

Take your time, a well-designed app is an app in the future and make jealous competitors and detractors.

Cordially.

Alex.

Sorry to reply to my own post so late, but I almost forget about it because I made this post in June.

Nevertheless, thank you Daid for your reply, I already use the newer versions since 13.06.4 where those support lines don't hit the object itself.

I must say i really admire your work, I've programmed a few years myself an I know how difficult sometimes it can be.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Harold

The cooling fan mount in your printer looks cool, is it available on thingiverse? Appreciate if you can share a link for download.

Thanks

-nilesh

Hello Nilesh,

Sorry for my late answer, I just saw that there were reply's on my post of June....

I've got the fanduct from blecheimer at the following post:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2291-help-with-modifying-fanducts/

Pay attention to Valcrow reply about hitting the slider blocks.