3.3.0 Beta Monitor not recognizing CR10 S5 ?

jkushwara

Posted · 3.3.0 Beta Monitor not recognizing CR10 S5 ?

Might be doing something wrong, but when trying to use the 3.3.0 beta version monitor with a usb connected Creality CR10 S5  - or print via usb - the printer is not showing as connected ? I don't have any issues when using 3.2.1 . I was hoping to try the new Gcode command monitor feature that I saw mentioned on another thread.

Thanks in advance !

Did you perhaps leave Cura 3.2.1 running in the background, or is there another application that could be using the serial port?

What OS are you using?

Thanks ahoeben - OS is windows 10. I don't think 3.2.1 was running at the time - I will double check. 

No other apps. I also seem to recall first installing 3.3.0 on the laptop connected to the printer and not seeing any CR10 profiles listed at all ? If I remember correctly, I then installed 3.2.1 , and added the cr10 profile in 3.2.1 . 

The next time I tried 3.3.0 the CR10s were listed  - is it possible that 3.3.0 was accessing the 3.2.1 printer profiles and that may have caused the issue ? 

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · 3.3.0 Beta Monitor not recognizing CR10 S5 ?

Bump - I'm having more issues. Now I can't get 3.2.1 to connect to the printer either. I just upgraded the CR10 S5 motherboard, and cura won't connect at all. I've tried deleting the previous printers in the manage printers menu, re- adding the Creality CR10 S5 from the list and it makes no difference. No send to printer via usb option and when I switch to the monitor it's shown as not connected. 

I uninstalled the beta and installed the formal 3.3 release with no luck either. 

Simplify 3D connects with no problem. Any help would be appreciated ! Hate to abandon the Cura profiles I've been fine tuning for months. 

Edited by jkushwara