Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
berndjm

Cura 3.3 - Bug in Pause at Height Plugin

Sorry if these are dumb questions:

1. If i used the extension in that way, how would the bug manifest itself?  I tried this over the weekend (and should have done so with a test print), but I ran it on a piece I was hoping to be a success and, when I resumed, the bed continued back upwards right into the nozzle, creating a burn hole in the print before I had to manually stop it.  It also caused the filament in both spools to retract way back into the PTFE tube, causing me to essentially remove all of the filament and refeed it to start over.  I did the pause at layer and not at height.

2. This is my first time using (or even finding these extensions).  How likely/quickly will an issue like this be resolved?  Does your discovery have a fix we have to wait for or something we can/should do ourselves?

Thanks!

UPDATE:  I think the Z in the bottom code is also a bug. That might explain why my print crashed into the head on resume.

Either way...Good catch!!!

Auswahl_015.png.dd1b5e9161deec1ccd46d84022fec425.png

Here is my examples of height vs layer:

by Height:

398924382_ScreenShot2018-05-07at7_24_46AM.thumb.png.3860e4d124530370c01217d2be933ec5.png

by Layer:

1825989097_ScreenShot2018-05-07at7_24_25AM.thumb.png.e350193a026e5b84acd1269c0834e243.png

Edited by chuckmcgee

I can confirm what is stated above. I'm on Cura 3.3.1 and have had the head crash into the piece when using pause at layer. Hopefully this gets fixed. I know it can be edited in the GCODE manually, but the reason for using a plugin is so that you don't have to edit the code by hand.

Thanks for looking into this.