Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
FalmouthLouis

How to change Raster Angles?

For experimental purposes we want to check the impact of moving away from the default 45 degree setting in Cura. I understand I need to use the "Infill Line Directions" option. I'm looking at the square brackets, which are inviting some numbers.

We want to test the impact of printing at a zero orientation - ie straight ahead on the print plate.

smartavionics: thanks for this, but I still don't quite visualise this. I can see that we are dealing with choosing within the 360 degree option.

Would [0,180] give me straight lines up and down the print bed? How would that affect something like the grid infill setting?

What would your [0, 60,120] produce? Would that be a set of triangles?

The numbers are used cyclicly so in my example of [ 0, 60, 120 ] the first layer would have lines drawn in a N-S direction, the second layer would have lines drawn in a NEE-SWW direction and the third layer would have lines drawn in a SEE-NWW direction and then the sequence would repeat.

[0, 180] would actually print all lines in a N-S direction as the angles are used modulus 180 so 0 and 180 both give 0.