FalmouthLouis

How to change Raster Angles?

Posted · How to change Raster Angles?

For experimental purposes we want to check the impact of moving away from the default 45 degree setting in Cura. I understand I need to use the "Infill Line Directions" option. I'm looking at the square brackets, which are inviting some numbers.

We want to test the impact of printing at a zero orientation - ie straight ahead on the print plate.

6 hours ago, FalmouthLouis said:

I'm looking at the square brackets, which are inviting some numbers.

So put some in like this: [ 0, 60, 120 ] (or whatever).

smartavionics: thanks for this, but I still don't quite visualise this. I can see that we are dealing with choosing within the 360 degree option.

Would [0,180] give me straight lines up and down the print bed? How would that affect something like the grid infill setting?

What would your [0, 60,120] produce? Would that be a set of triangles?

The numbers are used cyclicly so in my example of [ 0, 60, 120 ] the first layer would have lines drawn in a N-S direction, the second layer would have lines drawn in a NEE-SWW direction and the third layer would have lines drawn in a SEE-NWW direction and then the sequence would repeat.

[0, 180] would actually print all lines in a N-S direction as the angles are used modulus 180 so 0 and 180 both give 0.