Problem with model settings

FalmouthLouis

Posted · Problem with model settings

Iam trying to do variations of an identical item. Today, I tried to have one print operation print one item with 20% infill and a second one at 40%.

I set the underlying settings to print at 20% and loaded two models to print and the slicing told me that the combined job would take 11 hours to print. I then highlighted one of the models, brought up the "per model setting", chosse modify infill setting - at which point the slcing tells me the job will last 5.5 hours, and whatever I then do I never seem to be able to get it to time this as a two item print job, though the second item is never "greyed out" to indicate its unprintable. It's just coloured as a slightly washed out version of the underlhing yellow.

IIn the Layer view, only one of the items is actively modified as I check how things will print.

I click on infill density and then close. That allows me to change infill density to 40% and I'm left with the picture below, but I can't see any other action that I can take to get Cura to recognise there are two items to print. It makes no difference whether I tell it to print one at a time or simultaneously.

Is there anything I am missing out?

image.png.b82825ed92466a69ea31e631e2f4fa66.png

Posted (edited) · Problem with model settings

Set the Mesh Type back to “Normal mesh” if you want it to be printed.

You misread the other option; it modifies the infill of another model if it is placed on the buildplate in such a way that it overlaps that other model.

Edited by ahoeben