Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

UM3E - Automatic Levelling fails but insists on repeating the print cycle

Posted · UM3E - Automatic Levelling fails but insists on repeating the print cycle

(I had versions of this problem last week)

This morning, I started a new print. Automatic Leveling activated and decided the print cores were not alighed. Before I took any further steps, it tried to start the print again, going into automatic leveling, with the same result. Even when I switched the machine off and on again, it immeidately tried to start printing with the same Leveling failure. I must have had five levelling failures in a row without my being able to pause things to assess what to do next.

In between all this, I cleaned the print bed and the tip of the print cores and it eventually decided to print. The point about this is that the machine/software takes on a mind of its own.

I downloaded the relevant coding dump. How do I get that to you?

Posted · UM3E - Automatic Levelling fails but insists on repeating the print cycle

16 minutes ago, FalmouthLouis said:

I downloaded the relevant coding dump. How do I get that to you?

You can add it to your reply I think?

a gz file is I think a g-code, which is in fact a list of coordinates telling the Ultimaker which motors to move when (i.e. your digital print). I thought you wanted to send a log?

I thought that that was what I was doing when I went into the maintenance directory. I probably won't be able to have another go at the log for a couple of days (traveling)