First Layer Gap force Cura to slice differently?

bmht

Posted · First Layer Gap force Cura to slice differently?

Hello

I love Cura and it is my main slicer

Right now I'm having a problem in slicing like a batman enclosure.

Right at the first layer Cura does a gap between layers.

Is there is a way I can force Cura to slice differently? I tried vase mode and same gap

When I print, the gap is visible

Thanks

gap.JPG

Posted · First Layer Gap force Cura to slice differently?

between layers?

So normally we talk about *horizontal* layers.  Anytime anyone mentions layers we are usually talking about horizontal slices.  Is that what you mean?

anyway I'm staring at this photo and I'm confused where the part is but I think maybe the part itself is where the arrows point and the rest is brim?  Could you switch to the other color method please where brim is one color and walls are another and outer wall is red and inner walls are green?

Anyway if I'm seeing this right then I think the walls of your part are too thin to print.  Try setting the "line width" parameter to 0.2mm just to see what happens (that will allow walls up to 0.4mm) -- I could be totally wrong - maybe your walls are 10mm - not sure.  Also there is a "print thin walls" checkbox that you might want to try.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies