im having trouble

jg3269

Posted · im having trouble

i am new to 3d printing and i am having an issue of getting my software set up so my images will appear clearly and load properly. all the images i have loaded that were not already on the pre-loaded file all load into the bottom corner what can i do to fix this. thanks ahead of time

Posted · im having trouble

I'm not sure what you mean.  "images"?  "preloaded"?

Are you asking about cura, the slicer?

Are you talking about the printer "loads them into the bottom corner"?  If so, which printer?

What preloaded images do you mean?  On the printer are there preloaded gcode files?  Is that what you mean?

So I think this is the "0,0 is center" versus "0,0 is corner" issue.  I see it all the time but the way you describe it I'm not sure.

So I'm thinking instead of "images" you mean your "gcode files" appear clearly but into the corner.

In cura you can slice for delta printers which have 0,0 in the center.  It will center the print at 0,0.  If you then display that in cura for a non-delta printer it will show the print in the front left corner both in cura and in real life it will print that way.

Maybe you could provide some images (screen shots or pictures of the issue).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies