Custom vs Recommended settings

Patronus

Posted · Custom vs Recommended settings

I have a very basic question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere and it is really hampering my success with Cura. I have a UM3 and print with all sorts of 3rd party filaments in conjunction with Breakaway. I have very specific "custom" settings for each of these 3rd party filaments which work well. However I want to use the "recommended" settings for Breakaway but I can't see a way to use the recommended settings for extruder 2 (Breakaway) and at the same time the custom settings for extruder 1 (whatever material I use at the time). If I select Custom for one, it also becomes custom for the other. In the case of Breakaway (given my questionable results) I'm pretty sure my "custom" settings are far from ideal, so I would love to use the recommended settings there. But then I can't see my settings on extruder 1 and have no idea what Cura may think is "recommended" for that material.

I also doesn't look like selecting "recommended" and then switching back to "custom" has any effect on my custom settings otherwise I could have seen what Cura recommends for Breakaway.

How do I use custom for one extruder and recommended for the other?

Posted · Custom vs Recommended settings

You can't. Profile is shared between both extruders. You're either in custom or recommended.

However, not every setting is shared between both extruders, so changing settings on extruder 1 will not always affect extruder 2 which should then default to the default settings for the selected material.

What settings did you change and did you change them only for extruder 1 or also for extruder 2?