I do not have them listed. Was there supposed to be something in the definitions folder in your .rar?
I had a mistake in the definition folder, i modified the log file in the thread, try it now
That allowed me to choose the new A8 printer, but the stl file is not active for the A8. How do you activate the background stl?
I made a few modifications just before uploading and my rar file was not correct. I hope you have completely debug it! ?
I have modified the file
Yup, that fixed it. THANKS! So do you know how this works? By selecting A8 #2 in my case, with the new profiles, did I also get your settings as well?
The settings are those I have on my computer today but a few were modified when I checked my solution
You have them at the beginning of the GCode file in the thread. With my solution you have your settings before each GCode instructions
Comparing with yours i have 1 or 2 walls, no extra walls, same speed for walls, innewalls
I notice also you have a line width of 0.39 keep it for the skin but put 0.4 for inner wallsEdited by JCD
I had to go back to my original profile. I tried printing a small part with yours. Here is what happened.. I got the word Impression... on the screen right away when I hit print. Then it started printing before extruder heat or bed heat came up. I don't understand how that is possible with our printers being the same.
Excuse me ,but i didnt check by printing a part .
When I create the My_Printer.def.json where is the start Gcode, I suppress the 2 commands M190 and M109 which make the temperature of the bed and the nozzle ?
I Have modified the log file and tested on a small piece. You have to extract this file and overwrite the one you have on your machine
For my settings, I cannot tell you they are better than yours, I just notice some values in yours were different.
Maybe also put an overflow of 105?
Yes. Thanks JCD. I appreciate you going to all the trouble. I think you have it now. Any A8 user will appreciate the additions. I didn't notice any differences in our settings that would cause this problem. Although I print at very high quality, .1 and also 35% infill is my standard. It is not uncommon for me to have a print that takes 4-5 days to finish. It makes me a better Fusion 360 user because I hate to have to reprint stuff! Thanks again!
- 4 months later...
Hi, I just tried the above thing and Cura refuses to take the config in Linux. It just quits. Has anyone made it in Linux?
- 2 months later...
JCD - first of all, thanks! Have you tried upgrading to Cura 3.6? I followed your instructions to install the A6 printer and everything seems to work except for the 'Extruder Type'. I get a configuration error screen which says:
"Your configuration seems to be corrupt. Something
seems to be wrong with the following profiles:
Would you like to reset to fact......."
I've looked through the various files contained within the .rar file but I'm unable to find anthing obvious.........
Thanks.Edited by cel22262
Yes it's this option, here is a view of the window
You see the newcategory and on picture 2, when you select the category, you see the anet A8 and A6
Have you make the change in rar and then put all the files in the folders in the directory i give you (ie the files in the definition folder in the rar file are to put in the definition folder in the directory i gave you and so on.
And after restart Cura
Link to post
Share on other sites