Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
AbeFM

What to do when your settings get wiped out

Hopefully people who know more than me will flesh this out a bit.

Twice I've lost "everything" in cura - all my settings, printers, filaments, etc. Months spent developing these profiles and they are just gone.

But I've found by loading in old .curaproject files you can restore a lot of this.

Right now I have one burning question: The process of self-purging that CURA did left me with ~10 defined extruders which are being complained about whenever I switch printers. This is from J. Prusa's recently release profiles - perhaps there is some way to remove the unused ones?

Sorry you have lost your settings, I can't help you get them back but perhaps others can. However, what I wanted to say was that you should put all the settings files under version control. Just install git, create a repo in the settings directory and every now and again commit a snapshot of the files in there. You need not lose everything ever again due to Cura trashing things. Even better get a github account (or similar) and push the repo so that you have a backup in the cloud.

• Thanks 1