Cura 3.3.1 Blank screen on startup

mkshane81

Posted · Cura 3.3.1 Blank screen on startup

Greetings everyone.  This is a question that comes from someone completely new to the world of 3d printing.  Has anyone had an issue where Cura 3.3.1 loads as a blank white screen on startup?  It was actually working great until just a couple days ago, and randomly would not load past a white screen.  I've uninstalled, and downloaded again from the beginning, only to be left with the same result.  I'm hopeful that someone else has encountered this issue, and has a fix.  Thanks very much in advance!

-Matt

I've never seen this but you should know that for a proper uninstall you also want to delete everything in the cura user folder.  On a PC I believe that is in the folder %appdata%/cura/

Delete everything in there and then start cura up again and it will be like a fresh install of cura.

This is baffling!  I removed every aspect of Cura, downloaded and installed again, and upon startup, even the user agreement loads as a blank white screen.  

I just downloaded it at work, and installed from scratch.  It is the same computer (Microsoft Surface), however the software IS displayed on different monitors.  It seems to have something to do with the displays itself.  I guess I need to fiddle with the display settings on the monitor at home.  

Thanks for the reply!

-Matt

Oh wow! This has plagued me for ages right up to and including 4.5.0. I use Cura on a very old laptop running Mint 19.3 Xfce Edition. So every now and then when i wake the laptop, load Cura 4.x.x it would sometimes white screen at startup. The only way for me to fix was a wipe of the OS and reinstall. Renaming the qtshadercache to qtshadercache.org fixed this problem. Thanks so much!

I have the same problem now with Cura 4.4 and 4.5 with Linux Mint 19.3 White page and no menu.

cura vide.png