Y Limit Switch Problems / Lots of Grinding Noises

sajawors

Posted · Y Limit Switch Problems / Lots of Grinding Noises

So this started with Lift Switch Issues and I think I ended up just finding a stop gap solution for that, but now I'm having more problems.

Here's where things started: 

So now when I try to print, or seemingly randomly when it sends itself home, I'm getting LOTS of grinding noises once it gets to the corner and occassionally the printer faults to ultimaker.com/ER17 and my only option is turn power cycle the printer. I've tried everything on that page (both switches make the clicking sound, I can press either switch during the "home" action and it will no longer travel in the associated direction). The two things that I have done that aren't normal, are in the Limit Switch Test, I can't get the Y box to ever be checked. I previously got around this by offsetting Y by 0.4 to fix the Lift Switch problem (which is still set to 0.4 and it's the only way I can get the lift switch to raise and lower properly), but the box never checked in the Test, even after the offset.

in the previous thread, both "end stops" and "set screws" were mentioned and I'm not sure how to look at either one. I briefly looked at the end of the workday today and the only screws I think I see on the axis rods are literally ON the rod, not on the end, but rotating around the side as the axis moves, but near the gear on each end. Is this what I'm supposed to tighten? I didn't have a bit that was small enough, but should be able to find one tomorrow. 

Let me know if there's any information I left out and thank you for any help you can provide!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies