Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
crash007

stuck on User Agreement

Hi all
        Im having trouble starting Cura 3.4.1 the latested version. The version
 i got with the printer is 15.04.3 and is ok. my laptop is of good spec  
 intel (R) HD Graphics Ver=8.15. 10.2086 shared graphics on a laptop win 7 64bit i5 cpu
 it does run OpenGL....ive loaded glviewer and works ok.........
So the problem is that ver 3.4.1 gets stuck on user agreement and then stops.i have other slicers i can use
but prefer Cura.  thanks for the help if you can.

I don't know how it came to be, but it seems that your main configuration file got given a newer version number than what we currently use (version 6 instead of 4).

One simple solution is to delete the file: C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.4\cura.cfg

This will reset your preferences, such as whether you have auto-slice enabled and that sort of stuff, but will not delete your profiles or the slicing settings. In the preferences window you can set your preferences back to what you prefer to use.

I'm not sure, but aren't you confusing setting_verion and version? VersionUpgrade32to33 sets the version to 6.

Either way, that should not result in a crash after the license agreement window showing up, and if it did it would show in the logs. As is, the logs don't show the actual crash, which suggests to me that the crash happens "outside of" Cura. A common culprit in that sort of crashes is the GPU driver.

@crash007, you specify a driver version, but not what Intel GPU you have (HD Graphics refers to a family of GPUs). Have you tried updating the Intel driver?

yes the GPU driver is the latest driver and also ive updated win 7 to sp2 ...... well ive installed the updates but it dose not show it is SP2 and I think that's due to GPU too... I don't see any way pass this unless I get another laptop.

I deleted the file Cura.cfg and no change

I also uninstalled 3.4.1 and reinstalled no change

thanks

Edited by crash007