never prints first time

devid3an

Posted · never prints first time

every time I try and print first time for the day, turn my printer on, run cura, load model, click print.

it just doesn't print, the nozzle doesn't start to heat. If i click abandon print, the printer resets its position, so its definitely connected. but i can't get cura to print unless i rerun the software.

So i turn my printer off/on, turn cura off/on and then it works next time.

its just this little frustrating sequence i need to go through every time i print.

any ideas how to problem solve this?

I have a basic printbot simple and latest cura, running windows 10

Does your printrbot have a heated bed?  The default gcodes that come out of cura don't heat the nozzle until after the heated bed is up to temperature.  Maybe you just have to wait a little longer?

no it doesn't have a heat bed didn't think about that 

i bet that's the problem i'll remove it from the gcode tonight and give it a go 

thanks for that