Issue with Profiles when using different Print Cores (UM3)

talker13

Posted · Issue with Profiles when using different Print Cores (UM3)

I recently purchased an AA.25 core to perform detailed prints.

When I installed it (AA.4 in Slot 1 and AA.25 in Slot 2) I am only given the option to print with a fine layer (0.1) on both the 0.4 and 0.25 cores loaded with PLA.  If I manually switch the core back to a 0.4, then I'm able to select the Extra Fine, Fine, Normal and Draft options.  When selecting Recommended for printing, I still only get 0.1 and it says that "The quality profile is not available for your current material and nozzle configuration."

This is not a bug.  I'm not sure what you are trying to do but:

1) If you right click on the big "extruder 2" rectangle near the top of settings (just below your selected printer) and disable it (so there is no blue rectangle around it) and go back to extruder 1 you will find suddenly you have more layer height options.  I think this is what you are looking for.  Maybe.

2) You should also know that you can't print different layer heights with the 2 extruders.  So if the left extruder is on 0.137mm layer heights, then the right extruder has to be also.  This is why disabling the 0.25 allows you to do any layer height.

You can (and should) of course go into "custom" in print setup and choose any layer height you want but again it will have to be the same layer height for both cores.

• Like 1

Oh and enjoy your 0.25mm.  I like to print as cold as possible - typically I do something like 0.1mm layer height, 180C nozzle temp and 20mm/sec speed (all the printing speeds).  The default setting of 190C and 30 is probably okay.  Also I usually print things smaller than a grape when I'm using the 0.25mm so I usually print at least 3 separate objects so each one can be cooling while printing the other 2.  I find this to be critical as well for good quality and if you are using a 0.25 then I assume you care about precision.

• Like 1

I am only attempting to print from one core currently.

Right now, for detailed items, I use the 0.4 core and 0.06 layer height and have played with the settings.

What I want to do is to keep the 0.4 in Slot 1 for larger prints and the 0.25 in Slot 2 for smaller/more detailed prints but still printing from one core at a time.  I was surprised that there are no profiles, I suppose, other than the 0.1 layer for the 0.25 core.

Thanks for the reply.