wall thickness CURA parameter and actual one

OUPS65

Posted · wall thickness CURA parameter and actual one

He,

I am beginner using CURA 3.4.1

May i ask what is the relation between the wall thickness CURA parameter and the actual wall thickness as design into the STL file of my model ?

I understand that the actual wall thickness (which can be different from one place to another in the same model ) is what I have design into my STL file.  Ok. But why do I have to define again ONE wall thickness  parameter inside CURA ? and which one ?  May  this CURA parameter modify the actual STL one ?

Super tks

have a nice day.

Philippe

Posted · wall thickness CURA parameter and actual one

ok, so if your wall in your model is 1mm thick for example and you set the number if walls to 1 in Cura and your line width in Cura is 0.4, Cura will use one wall and then use infill to build the rest of the wall. If you set 2 walls in Cura, it will use 2 x 0.4 which is 0.8, then use infil to make the wall to 1mm. Cura will not modify the stl, it will just print it using the parameters you define.

What Cura means by wall is a line which is on the outside of the print, the actual wall of your model can be made up of what Cura calls a wall and what Cura calls infill. This depends on how thick you design you wall in your model.

it is always best to design a model which is a multiple of your line width, for example if you have a line width in Cura of 0.4 a wall of 04, 0.8, 1.2, 1.6 etc will make it easier for Cura to use exact numbers of walls to make up your desired wall thickness. If you set wall in your model of 1 for example, Cura will slice it but it handles walls with a thickness of a multiple of line width much easier